A few of the events we’re looking forward to include:
- Asian Tapas with Ming Tsai
- Osteria Mozza with Mario Batali and Nancy Silverton
- Burgers, Shakes, and Fries with Bobby Flay
- The Farm-To-Fork Connection: Creating a Sustainable World at Your Table with Michael Chiarello and Peter Jacobsen
- Food and Wine’s Grow for Good Green Living Panel Discussion
- In The Kitchen with Top Chef featuring Tom Colicchio and Gail Simmons
Some of our favorite foodie friends will also be making appearances, including mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim and former Top Chef contestants Richard Blais and Stephanie Izard! Stay tuned to Dailyblender.com for our festival coverage, as well as regular Twitter updates @dailyblender. We’ll also have a Daily Blender Exclusive interview with Chef Ming Tsai! Woohoo!
We also wanted to note that the brand spankin’ new website for the 2009 New York Wine and Food Festival has recently gone live – and it looks to be quite another do-not-miss affair! Event organizer, Lee Schrager, has been Twittering like crazy over some of this year’s events, including Paula Deen’s Down South Up North, and culinary demonstrations with Masuharu Morimoto, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, Ming Tsai, and (drumroll, please) Martha Stewart! Just like last year’s event, there will also be a corresponding online auction as well! The festival benefits local non-profits, Share Our Strength and the Food Bank for New York City.
Next week in the Seattle area, rehabilitation non-profit FareStart is hosting a Guest Chef on the Waterfront event. On July 15, from 6:00-9:00 pm, you can taste bites created by some of Seattle’s favorite chefs – right on the shores of beautiful Elliott Bay. All proceeds from the evening are donated to FareStart, which provides job training and job placement for those within the homeless community.