A big congrats to one of my favorite restaurants, New York’s Rouge Tomate, on celebrating their one year anniversary, as well as their recent first star award from the famed Michelin Guide. To commemorate the occasion, the restaurant will be hosting a special afternoon event on November 19th with local organization Basis Farm to Chef. The Farmer’s Market forum will feature representatives and food items from ten local farms along with a $30 prix fixe luncheon. With Rouge Tomate a longtime supporter of local and sustainable ingredients, the luncheon will be co-hosted by Basis Farm to Chef, a service provider that brings together small and mid-sized farms with chefs and consumers who are interested in utilizing locally produced food stuffs.
“As Rouge Tomate prides itself on seasonal and local cuisine, a farmer’s market is the perfect opportunity for us to celebrate our year of success and showcase our sustainable and delicious menu,” said Emmanuel Verstraeten, Founder and CEO of Rouge Tomate.
You can read about my recent visit to Rouge Tomate here!
Many of Europe’s best chefs recently assembled in the Netherlands to participate in the third annual Stars, Food, & Art event supporting the Amsterdam Red Cross. Hosted at Sofitel Amsterdam The Grand, the two-day event included gala dinners and a ‘Grand Carousel of Senses’, an interactive experience where food and wines were paired with five different moods: audacious, extravagant, serene, nostalgic, and sensual. The participants included chefs from some of the top Michelin starred restaurants across the European Union:
- Antoine Westermann, Le Buerehiesel
- Frederic Anton, Le Pré Catelan
- Michel Portos, Le Saint James Bouliac
- Philippe Etchebest, Hostellerie Plaisance
- Emmanuel Renaut, Les Flocons de sel
- Sergio Herman, Restaurant Oud-Sluis
- Christian Sinicropi, Restaurant la Palme D’Or
- Mohammed Elharouchi, Solo
- Giovanni D’Amato, Il Rigoletto
- Patrick Jeffroy, Restaurant Patrick Jeffroy
- Patrick Gauthier, Restaurant La Madeleine
- Hans Välimäki, Restaurant Chez Dominique
- Jonnie Boer, Restaurant De Librije