Father’s Day is upon us once again! Time to give thanks for those special Dads in our lives. As with every Hallmark holiday, though, remember Father’s Day should be every day – not just one day a year.
Today, we’re listing our five favorite foodie fathers – Dads who are proactive foodies and fathers!
1) Rick Bayless. I’ve only recently started to follow Rick on Twitter, but I’m impressed with the amount of time he still spends with his family, even while he’s busy winning – OOPS! – competing on TV or running his restaurant kitchen!
2) Michael Pollan. The food activist is busy making movies, writing books, and arguing the benefits of being an educated consumer, but he’s still a family man.
3) Ming Tsai. One of the original ‘celebrity chefs’, Ming has continued to build his East-West cuisine while utilizing his celeb status to increase food allergy awareness in restaurants and food service operations, due to his son’s battle with food allergies.
4) Jamie Oliver. We love Jamie! Is it his fabulous British accent, his kitchen spunk, or his advocacy for better, healthier food within the school lunch system? Nah – it’s his affinity for unusual names for his children – Poppy, Daisy, and Petal.
5) Barack Obama. Yes, he’s a foodie. With a whole food blog dedicated to what the Obamas are eating, advocating, and enjoying, Barack is certainly a foodie father we love. He’s even helping to change the face of food and politics, one organization at a time.
Happy Father’s Day!