No no, contrary to popular belief, I don’t spend all my time going to wine and food festivals – but I could! The lineup at this year’s American Wine & Food Festival might just convince me to become a professional festival guest!
From the backdrop of the Universal Studios backlot, the American Wine & Food Festival will take place this October 2-4, 2009. The two-day event, hosted by master chef Wolfgang Puck and the Puck-Lazaroff Charitable Foundation, includes a 10-course Grand Tasting at Spago Beverly Hills featuring Chef Thomas Keller (Bouchon, The French Laundry), Chef Nobu Matsuhisa (Matsuhisa, Nobu), and Chef Gina DePalma (Ristorante Babbo), among others.
A few of the guest chefs:
- Alex Stratta and Jenifer Fournier of ALEX, Wynn Las Vegas
- 2009 James Beard Regional Award Winner Paul Bartolotta of Bartolotta
- Laurent Tourondel of BLT
- Tom Colicchio of Craftsteak
- Top Chef Winner Ilan Hall of Gorbals
- Francois Payard of Payard Patisserie & Bistro
- Wolfgang Puck of Spago Beverly Hills
- Nancy Silverton of Mozza
- David Walzog of SW Steakhouse, Wynn Las Vegas
- Traci Des Jardins of Jardiniere
This list goes on and on! Participating vineyards and spirit mavens include Beringer Vineyards, Francis Coppola Estate Winery, and Patron Tequila – just to name a few.
For more information, and to order tickets to this fabulous event that benefits the Los Angeles chapters of Meals on Wheels, head on over to the festival website. Tickets will go on sale tomorrow, July 1.