All the dreary winter weather certainly has me Aspen dreaming this week. Tickets recently went on sale for the 28th Annual Food & Wine Classic held in Aspen every June, and I’m already thinking about the lush mountains, the clean air, and the beautiful blue skies that surround the fabulous event.
The Food & Wine Classic is the mother of all food and wine festivals, developed nearly thirty years ago to showcase the best of the best in the industry. I was more than ecstatic to attend last year’s event, dropping by a few of the fantastic Grand Tastings and catching delicious demos from chefs Mario Batali, Nancy Silverton, José Andrés, Gail Simmons, and Tom Colicchio. I even had a chance to chat with Chef Ming Tsai.
This year’s lineup features culinary favorites from across the country offering cooking demonstrations and beverage bits for every food and wine aficionado. A few of the highly anticipated events I’m looking forward to:
- World’s Best Preserves with Chef Thomas Keller
- Korean Marinades for BBQ with Chef David Chang
- Create Your Own Specialty Cocktails with mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim
- Japanese Knife Techniques with Chef Masaharu Morimoto
- Best Wines for Haute Dogs with wine expert Joshua Wesson
- Spicy Mexican Flavors with Chef Rick Bayless
- Great Grilled Cheese with award-winning author Laura Werlin
Interested in attending yourself? Head on over to the Food & Wine website for ticket information, and be sure to make your travel plans soon, as tickets and hotel rooms go quickly.
Can’t make it to this year’s event? Stay tuned to Daily Blender for all the event coverage from Aspen!