Posted by Jennifer Heigl
Fellow food writer Bret Thorn wrote a short piece recently on his visit to L’Absinthe in New York. It seems their absinthe drinks are a not-to-miss for anyone in the NYC area. It turns out their food isn’t too bad either, with Time Out New York nominating them for Best Bistro last spring, and Zagat reporting that their food is ‘worth every euro’!
If you’re looking for a great place for Mother’s Day brunch, I recommend you check out L’Absinthe. Their Mother’s Day menu includes:
- Lobster Salad, Guacamole, Tomato, Fennel, Lemon and Honey Ginger Dressing
- Omelette, Fresh Morels, Asparagus, Swiss Cheese
- Poached Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon and Salmon Caviar
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak, Green Pepper Sauce, Green Beans and Potato Galette
- Duck Leg Confit Served Crispy, Sauteed Potatoes with Frisee Salad and Fava Beans
- Atlantic Organic Salmon, Crunchy Wheat Vermicelli, Black Trumpet Mushrooms, Scallions and Miso Sauce
And if you’re still in search of a Mother’s Day gift for your foodie Mom (or your foodie wife, girlfriend, significant other) Food & Wine’s Emily Kaiser suggests the recently released Cooking Bundle from Nintendo DS, which includes a copy of their step-by-step instructional software, Personal Trainer: Cooking.