Beer drinkers unite! We’ve entered the holiest of holy holidays for beer drinkers around the world – Oktoberfest! While the main festivities take place in Munich, Germany, there are plenty of other spots around the countryside to get your drink on!
Can’t make it across the pond? Why not trek to any of these five locations to enjoy your yearly beer-a-palooza?
1) Leavenworth Oktoberfest (WA) – I’ve heard great things about this local Oktoberfest. Starting next weekend, they’ll have events for three weekends in a row. Food, drink, music – and a Bavarian clothing sale. What more could you want?
2) Oktoberfest Chicago (IL) – Happening this weekend, Chicago pulls out all the stops to celebrate this fun fall beer fest.
3) Oktoberfest By The Bay (CA) – Located at Pier 48 in San Francisco, this ten year old celebration includes beer, brats, and beautiful views.
4) Oktoberfest Tulsa (OK) – A little Germany in the heart of the country, Oktoberfest Tulsa is now in its 31st year, and has been noted in both USAToday and Bon Appetit for featuring fantastic food.
5) Stowe Oktoberfest (VT) – Party Bavarian-style in the Northeast! Events run all this weekend, including parades, bands, and a kids area!